How to get SCO MMDF to add From: user (Real Name)?

David S. Herron david at twg.com
Mon Feb 25 08:46:36 AEST 1991

In article <DJM.91Feb6235430 at bleen.eng.umd.edu> djm at eng.umd.edu (David J. MacKenzie) writes:
>MMDF on our SCO Unix 3.2.2 system doesn't add a line like this:
>
>From: djm (David MacKenzie)
>
>How can I get it to do so?  Right now there's no indication of the
>sender's real name.  We're just using it for local and uucp delivery.

This will vary a bit depending on which user agent you're using to
send mail.  If you use `send' it will produce:

	From: Full Name <joe at dom.ain>

It will take Full Name from either GCOS field of /etc/passwd, from
a "signature" line in your .sendrc file, or from your ".signature"
file.  (Note that this last is different from every other treatment
of .signature).

This has been true for a looooong time.

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david at twg.com>