Help with SCO X11R4 and TCPCONN ?

Thomas Roell roell at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Fri Feb 15 04:14:14 AEST 1991

>   The only thing I can think of is that EWOULDBLOCK is not
>   defined properly, but I'am not quite sure what he ment about
>   "When you compile with sco and TCPCONN you must leave
>   EWOULDBLOCK alone because that is what SCO sockets will return."
>   Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

The answer is *very* simpel:

AT&T redefined EWOULDBLOCK & ERANGE for use with STREAMS to EAGAIN & EMSGSIZE.
This simply fails for SCO's TCP/IP. All you have to be prepared for both
sets of return-values.

- Thomas

E-Mail (domain):	 roell at lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
UUCP (if above fails):   roell at tumult.{uucp | informatik.tu-muenchen.de}
famous last words: "diskspace - the final frontier..."