Intel SVR4 X server is indeed broken

Mark McWiggins mark at intek01.uucp
Thu Feb 21 06:26:19 AEST 1991

Our Story So Far:

I posted a note last week on the problems I was having with the X
server on Intel SVR4 (v2.0): namely, it rebooted my machine.

A couple of people suggested that I might have better luck running ksh
than csh with it, as the csh is known to be buggy.

I tried ksh, and did have *somewhat* better luck: the machine only hung
instead of rebooting.

Ah, life on the Bleeding Edge.  I guess I didn't really need a working
X right this minute anyway; if you do, you'd better look somewhere else.

--
Mark McWiggins			Integration Technologies, Inc. (Intek)
+1 206 455 9935			DISCLAIMER:  I could be wrong ...