ISC's DMA transfer rate

Evan R Aussenberg erast1 at unix.cis.pitt.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:08:43 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb07.181315.21427 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com
(Larry Snyder) writes:
|erast1 at unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan R Aussenberg) writes:

| >Also, how high has anyone set the transfer rate on the adaptec board.
| >From memory, I think I put the shunt on the 6.x transfer rate.
| >(It goes to 10ish I think).

|those jumpers don't matter - the transfer rate is set in the kernel
|which overrides the jumpers on the board --
|
|Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)

Okay- I'm not a Unix techie, but as far as the ISC's driver
goes I thought the DMA rate paramter was ignored (and if it's not,
has anyone fooled around with tuning it higher?).  This is for
the adaptec scsi board, remember.

It could be I'm thinking of ISC's generic tape driver.  I'm pretty
sure any default DMA rate there, is ignored.

Thanks,
Evan
--
Evan Ron Aussenberg