ISC's DMA transfer rate

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Sun Feb 10 13:07:24 AEST 1991

erast1 at unix.cis.pitt.edu (Evan R Aussenberg) writes:
>Okay- I'm not a Unix techie, but as far as the ISC's driver
>goes I thought the DMA rate paramter was ignored (and if it's not,
>has anyone fooled around with tuning it higher?).  This is for
>the adaptec scsi board, remember.

it sure doesn't ignore it, i f*cked up track 0 of my 600MB disk
by using a value a little too high...
you'd better use a spare disk for trying out, and DON'T think
it's alright only because it doesn't crash immediately. it might
take hours until you get some lovely

WARNING: Kernel NMI trap: unable to determine source of NMI
Parity error at: 0x0059B000 (0x00402000, 0xC059B000)

NOTICE: Unexpected NMI in system mode!

while you were just updating the disks partition table...

good luck !-)
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]: