Modem interoperation blues

Richard Foulk richard at pegasus.com
Fri Feb 22 23:00:48 AEST 1991

>Trust me, I've tried!  You must remember:
>
> 1) I don't own a Telebit modem.  Telebit is thus (reasonably)
>somewhat reluctant to provide me with technical support.  I suppose I
>could buy one just to debug the problem, but I don't understand why I
>should do modem manufacturers R&D for them...

Just so people aren't mislead by this, Telebit's support is very good.
I've never heard of them asking for any verification of purchase or
whatever.  My experience has been that they are willing to spend hours
on the phone with you (their dime) if necessary to clear up a problem.

Since modem configuration can be very complex this is a good thing, but
the point is that they fully deliver.

No connection with Telebit, I'm just a satisfied customer.

Richard Foulk		richard at pegasus.com