Equinox hardware flow control

Todd Reese todd at gwinnett.UUCP
Wed Feb 20 02:36:04 AEST 1991

In article <todd.666898719 at premises1> todd at Quotron.COM (Todd_Booth) writes:
>john at zygot.ati.com (John Higdon) writes:
>>According to the Equinox manual, flow control is not supported...
>>I am using the Equinox Megaport without flow control for five
>>Trailblazers and ISC. It has absolutely no difficulty whatsoever.
>
>I assume you have the modem drop the interface speed down to the link
>speed.  Otherwise, when sending files _from_ ISC to a remote host (with
>the link lower than the interface), your modem will drop many characters.
>
>>        John Higdon         |   P. O. Box 7648   |   +1 408 723 1395
>>    john at zygot.ati.com      | San Jose, CA 95150 |       M o o !
>--
>todd (booth)
>
>todd at quotron.com 213 302-4368

You know what happens when you assume!....

Trailblazers do not need flow control when using UUCP.  The modem has
UUCP -g protocol built in.  This is what makes it able to produce output
with PEP mode of 19200 baud. At a lower link speed (e.g. 2400 baud) the
UUCP from the host computer to the remote is handled directly.

---

					Todd F. Reese
					Gwinnett Computer Services
					Duluth, GA  30136