FAS 2.08 async driver, part 1/4

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.sci.com
Fri Feb 15 04:53:11 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb12..4822 at rdk386.uucp> ron at rdk386.UUCP (Ron Kuris) writes:
= [ discussing 8250s ]
=I have a Bell-Technologies HUB-6 card and got it running at 19.2k
=without any problems on my reasonably-performing 386 (although its
=only at 20mhz).  The cips are marked INS8250N-B, and the docs
=say they are "high performance 8250 chips"... Also, this card appears
=to be supported in the driver.  Are there newer models with 16550A's
=on them?

No. The HUB-6 is a discontinued problem. You should be able to replace
the 8250s with 16550As, though; I believe they're pin-compatible. Be
real careful taking out the 8250s, and install sockets to make life
easier.

--
Gary Heston System Mismanager and technoflunky uunet!sci34hub!gary or
My opinions, not theirs.  SCI Systems, Inc.     gary at sci34hub.sci.com
Support call 2/6/91: "Does this thing have a power switch on the back?"
"Ahhh, there's one on the right side, near the back." "Oh. It was off."