Mounting sun root partition off of a 386

Brian Field field at elvis.cs.pitt.edu
Fri Feb 1 04:13:20 AEST 1991

I'm working on a small project that requires a sun to mount its root,
swap, and user partions from a 386 running Sys V Release 3.2.

The problem is I can't get the sun to access its root partition as
root.  I know that when I mount a partition from a sun NFS server,
that the server knows I have root access via the -root option
specified in /etc/exports on the NFS server.  However, I can't seem to
find any documentation on the 386 that talks about this option.  Am I
looking in the wrong place, or does this option not exist.

Please e-mail, and I'll summarize if there is interest.

Thanks
Brian
-----
field at cs.pitt.edu