Intel ICC Multiport Card

Buster Irby rli at buster.stafford.tx.us
Tue Feb 5 16:32:40 AEST 1991

davidg%aegis.or.jp at kyoto-u.ac.jp (Dave McLane) writes:

>Last September I bought in Intel ICC Multiport Serial Card (6
>ports, 80186 512K) for a 386 AT from Technology Resource Center in
>LA for $1,026, including some cables. It took me until December to
>actually get the 386 from Dell (which is another long story in
>itself) and when I finally went to install the ICC board, the
>software drivers won't load under Interactive UNIX as I get

>   cpio error: this is not a cpio file

[ description of frustration with Intel deleted ]

Don't use the drivers that came with the board, use the drivers
that came with your unix; they are more up to date.  That is,
just run kconfig and enable the drivers that were loaded with
the system.

I am using a 2 1/2 year old ICC board under ISC Unix 2.2.1 and
have moderate success.  The only problem which I seem to be
having is that after an outgoing call, the channel DTR will
not come back up to enable incoming calls.
--
Buster Irby  (buster!rli)