Installing Busmouse under SCO ODT 1.0

Justin R Shuttleworth justin at computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Feb 18 21:32:39 AEST 1991

Subject:      Installing Microsoft BusMouse on OpenDesktop
    Has anyone installed a Microsoft BusMouse on OpenDesktop (SCO 1.0) ?
After selecting the correct options during installation (yes - they have an
M/S BusMouse menu option) I find that the beastie doesnt respond.

[ie - usemouse -t vi [et cetera] gives ...
      d_open: unable to open device "/dev/mouse/bus0" for read only
      the device exists ...
      crw-rw-rw-   1 root     other     16,  0 Jan 10 1990 /dev/mouse/bus0
      ... it just seems to have no driver attached]

    I installed the bus mouse on IRQ 5 and address 0x300 (and the mouse has
the jumpers set to this), but when I rebuild the kernel and look at the files
generated on the way, I discover the following ...

o   /etc/conf/cf.d/sdevice thinks the mouse has no IRQ and is at address 0x23c
    the entry is:      busmouse Y 1 1 0 0 23c 23f 0 0

o   /etc/conf/pack.d/busmouse/space.c thinks, correctly that mousint=5 &
    mousbase=0x300

o   /usr/adm/hwconfig has no entry for a mouse

  Any useful comments would be much appreciated (the only one Ive had so far
is "Bus mouse ?  Thats bad news").

love & peace
tim
Posted for my troubled colleague ...