FAS 2.08 problems...

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Mon Feb 11 10:16:02 AEST 1991

gil at limbic.ssdl.com (Gil Kloepfer Jr.) writes:
>In article <7457 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>>I'm having a problem with FAS 2.08.  The problem I am having is
>>getting it to work with both my standard COM1 and COM2 ports and my
>>AST FourPort card.  I can use either one card or the other, but if I
>>have both of them in my system, there's a problem.
>>
>>If I use my original AT I/O card, I get an unkillable process when I
>>try to do a cu to COM1.  I can not do a ~. to get out of cu.  Everything
>>works ok with my AST card both with cu and under VP/ix.
>
>It took me a little longer this time, but I did get FAS 2.08 running,
>and it seems to be working fine with the standard com1/com2 and Steve
>Nuchia's 4-port card.
>
>When I finally got everything configured, I found a nasty problem with
>my cabling -- I had the hardware flow control lines (RTS/CTS) straight-
>through instead of swapped (between 2 machines).  You might want to
>check that out.

I managed to fix the problem with it.  If I move the AST FourPort off of
IRQ 2 (9), it works just fine either in or out of VP/ix.  I do not have any
devices that are using IRQ 2 (9) in my system.  Question I have is what could
possibly be causing my problems with using IRQ 2 (9) with my AST FourPort
card?

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | What to buy?
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | EISA or MCA?
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | When will the bus wars end?
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca