ISC uugetty

Neal Pollack nealpo at b1.ism.isc.com
Sat Feb 23 18:31:31 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb22.033841.18481 at gozer.UUCP> klm at gozer.UUCP (Kevin L. McBride) writes:
>Under ISC UNIX, getty prints out the contents of /etc/issue on all
>appropriately configured terminals and virtual screens.  uugetty,
>however, doesn't.  I would really like to present a 'welcome screen'
>to people who dial in to my system, including the disclaimer that the
>system is for authorized use only, etc, ad nauseum.
>
>Is there anyway that I can get this message printed through uugetty,

I have not looked into using uugetty, since ISC does not require it.
If you are running OS release 2.02, you can request asy update disk X5.
This permits simultaneous inbound and outbound uucp, logins, etc, and
uses regular getty, which uses /etc/issue.

I am not in support, but believe that OS release 2.2 already includes
this capability.

Neal