Esix verses the rest of 386-unix

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.rn.com
Wed Feb 20 04:00:35 AEST 1991

jh at efd.lth.se (Joergen Haegg) writes:

>Esix seems to be the cheapest alternative,
>but is there any problem with it?

It isn't fully support by third party developers, the file system isn't
nearly as fast as what is available from Interactive, and their X port
isn't quite as fast as others -

On the other hand, support is good and free (so I've been told) - and
upgrades are reasonably priced.

If I were starting again, I would go with Dell System V release 4.0

--
   Larry Snyder, NSTAR Public Access Unix 219-289-0287 (HST/PEP/V.32/v.42bis)
                        regional UUCP mapping coordinator