Esix verses the rest of 386-unix

Bob Willcox bob at rancor.UUCP
Wed Feb 20 13:32:44 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb19.170035.7450 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>jh at efd.lth.se (Joergen Haegg) writes:
>>Esix seems to be the cheapest alternative,
>>but is there any problem with it?
>It isn't fully support by third party developers, the file system isn't
>nearly as fast as what is available from Interactive,

Is this still true?  As of release 5.3.2 Rev. D ESIX has been shipping
a version of The BSD FFS.  My experience with ESIX's FFS has been very
positive.  Though I have no experience with ISC's, I can assure you
that the FFS with ESIX Rev. D is noticably faster than is their
standard System V file system.

--
Bob Willcox             ...!{rutgers|ames}!cs.utexas.edu!romp!rancor!bob
Phone: 512 258-4224