Equinox question

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Thu Feb 14 04:03:19 AEST 1991

In article <27B79130.5C72 at telly.on.ca> evan at telly.on.ca (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
>I've been looking at the Equinox Megaport boards and they look like a
>decent deal. Then someone said that they won't do hardware flow control
>and modem control on the same port at the same time.

That is correct.

>Is this true? It would strike me that having both functions is to get a
>Telebit going at top speed. Or is it -- can a Telebit be run at full
>speed on UUCP transfers using Xon-Xoff? I would think that this could be

You cannot use xon-xoff flow control with UUCP because they can appear
as a character within the data (or in the packet headers).

We have a T2500 running full blast on our Equinox 24 port card with
no problems.  We get about 1500 bytes/sec on output and 900-1100 bytes/sec
on input.

--
Conor P. Cahill            (703)430-9247        Virtual Technologies, Inc.
                                                Sterling, VA 22170