HELP! NFS and ISC 2.2

Jim Deitch jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com
Sat Feb 23 22:08:37 AEST 1991

HELP!

I just got the task of putting NFS on this ISC 2.2 box and am having a
world of problems.  Everything installed ok (I think) but when the
system comes up, or I try and start NFS, I get this little message
about 2 minutes later:

rexd: service rpc register: error
Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out
Assertion failed: line 442 of pcnfsd.c: "svc_register
(TransportHandle, PCNFSDPROG, Dispatch, IPPROTO_UDP) != NULL"
Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out
Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out
lockd: main(): unable to register (KLM_PROG, KLM_VERS, udp).

What is wrong?  Anyone else seen this?  Anybody got any guesses?

I installed, un-installed, installed and still get the same message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also need this going by Monday morning.

TCP/IP:  V 1.2.0
NFS:     V 2.1

Please reply by mail as one of my upstream feeds is having major
problems.  (spool disk is filling up)

Thanks,
Jim

ARPANET:    jadpc!jdeitch at nosc.mil