vp/ix and Interactive SysV 2.2

Gordon Marwood marwood at ncs.dnd.ca
Fri Feb 22 08:50:23 AEST 1991

I am contemplating the purchase of vp/ix for use with Interactive SysV
2.2.  The machine it will run on will be a 25MHz Bull/HN 386.  The most
used DOS programs I would hope to run are WordPerfect 5.1, Lotus 1-2-3,
DBase IV, Harvard Graphics, and SuperCalc V.  I would appreciate any
comments on using vp/ix with these programs.  I am particularly
interested whether there are any problems with graphics.  If there are
any other significant limitations of vp/ix, I would be interested in
hearing about them.

In proposing to make this purchase, I shall also be moving from a IBM PS/2
model 60 (12MHz) machine to the 25MHz Bull machine.  Any observations on
speed aspects of vp/ix, and whether the faster machine is likely to
fully compensate for any vp/ix overhead would also be of interest.

Thank you
Gordon Marwood

Internet: marwood at ncs.dnd.ca

limitations