Looking for tcsh binary for sysv386

David Dawes dawes at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU
Thu Feb 7 19:47:07 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb06.215505.3141 at scuzzy.in-berlin.de> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) writes:
>dawes at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) writes:
>
>>I'm trying to locate a tcsh binary for sysV/386r3.2 (preferable via
>>anonymous ftp if possible).
>
>well, *what* sysV ??

I'm running Esix 5.3.2 rev D.  I already tried the isc binary, and it
doesn't work (not suprising if isc has job control and esix doesn't).
I've been able to locate a couple of 5.12 versions which seem to run
OK on my system.  I would still like to find a 5.20.* version that will
work with Esix though.

If anyone else is interested, I've put the versions I've found so far
on suphys.physics.su.oz.au for anonymous ftp (in tcsh/ ).

>for interactive's, release 2.2.1, there is now
>a binary available from tesla.ee.cornell.edu using anonymous ftp
>(pub/tcsh-5.20/bins-5.20.02/tcsh.i386-isc2.1.1.Z, tho that name not
>correct, it *is* for isc 2.2.1. i will send a mail to Christos
>about this), as well as from my machine with anonymous uucp
>(/src/bin/tcsh) or guest login (/bin/tcsh).
>
>those binaries are identical, and were compiled with gcc and job
>control enabled.

David