HUGE memory leak (was Re: Looking for tcsh binary for sysv386)

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Sun Feb 10 12:57:09 AEST 1991

randy at chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) writes:

>In article <1991Feb7.084707.20278 at metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU> dawes at suphys.physics.su.OZ.AU (David Dawes) writes:
>>I'm running Esix 5.3.2 rev D.  I already tried the isc binary, and it
>>doesn't work (not suprising if isc has job control and esix doesn't).

>	I downloaded it, and installed it on an AT&T SYSVr3.2.3 system
>	running on an AT&T 6386E/33 with no problems.  Yes, it comes
>	up and says there is no job control, but after that, it just
>	continues on running just fine.  I am pretty sure Esix UNIX
>	is pretty much identical to AT&T UNIX, unlike ISC.
>	BTW, it works great with job control under ISC 2.2.

i just found a really nice bug that shows up with tcsh, tho:
in csh say

setenv CHRCLASS blah
tcsh

and watch ALL your memory and swap space go away until the
dreaded 'out of swap space' message :-) don't know
if it's tcsh's fault, or if it's a library functions fault.
this is with isc 2.2.1.
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]: