Adding second HD under ISC 2.0.2

Denis Fortin fortin at zap.uucp
Sun Feb 17 23:40:46 AEST 1991

In <1991Feb16.185144.29485 at ddsw1.MCS.COM> nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM (Norman Kohn) writes:
>In article <1991Feb12.150008.3737 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) writes:
>>Well, speaking from experience, if you try to use a primary "AT" style
>>controller with an Adaptec secondary controller with ISC 2.0.2, it won't
>>work. I had the exact same problem before I upgraded to ISCv 2.2.

>Seems to work for me (Adaptec RLL controller primary, Adaptec SCSI secondary)

zap is running with an old MFM "AT-style" controller as the primary
(with a 70MB Micropolis disk), and an Adaptec AHA-1542B SCSI controller
as the secondary (with a 345MB Micropolis disk).

It worked like a charm, I just plugged everything in and voila`!  No
interrupt conflicts, no funny software problems, just six times the
amount of disk space I had before :-) :-)
--
Denis Fortin, DMR Group Inc, (514) 877-3301 (All of these opinions are my own)
fortin at zap.uucp   uunet!sobeco!zap!fortin   fortin%zap at larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu