problems in configuring archive tape under isc 2.2

barry hannigan bgh at ice9.uucp
Sat Feb 16 14:39:18 AEST 1991

i am attempting to get tom roell's x server running under isc 2.2. this requires
a mouse (obviously) but i have this pesky archive 60i tape drive, device driver
version 2.04, which refuses to be on anything but interrupt #3. the asy card i
have accepts interrupts # 3 & 4. the modem card gets 4. ergo, no asy port for
serial mouse if modem card is installed.

i tried manually  configuring the tape interface card (ST-402) for interrupt 5
which is free, but this gives a conflict with the gendev device. this is
apparently some hack for the ramdisk.

the microsoft bus mouse card is set to interrupt 2, which would solve my
problems if toms server would recognize it. performing a "cat /dev/mouse"
returns dick, leading me to believe that this too is isc value added trash.
the man page has the wrong major node number too.

would my world be cheerier switching to a logitech bus mouse?

is there a manual method of reconfiguring the sdevice and mdevice entries to
take something on #5 without that poor excuse "kconfig" barfing and wiping out
your entire configuration, which has happened.

questions to ponder

barry.

--
~~~~~~~ ..walkin on the beaches, lookin at the peaches