SECURITY BUG IN INTERACTIVE UNIX SYSV386

Heiko Blume src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de
Thu Feb 14 09:12:59 AEST 1991

wengland at stephsf.stephsf.com (Bill England) writes:
>   I have serious reservations about this kind of post.  While as an
>   system administrator system I want to know, at the same time it
>   is similar to giving handguns to a bunch of street thugs.

anyone who can read the release notes for ISC 2.2 can find
out on page 10 or so.....they published the bug themselves!!

>   The only way to protect ourselves, for now, is that those who have
>   read the posting should inform their system administrators that the
>   bug exists and the system admins can ask (Tell) everyone to not do
>   it.

not exactly, for public access to my source archive i've set up
a chroot() user that can't write anywhere, unhackable :-)
--
      Heiko Blume <-+-> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93
                    public source archive [HST V.42bis]: