VPIX destroys second hard drive on Interactive 2.2?

Tony Field tony at ajfcal.uucp
Thu Feb 14 16:53:59 AEST 1991

I have just installed Interactive's VPIX on my system - two hard disks
running off of an rll controller. The unix partition on the second hard
drive is number 7 (i.e. fstab contains /dev/dsk/1s7).

After VPIX was installed and tested. I powered down the system. When the
system came up again, the second hard drive was no longer available. In
fact, the partition table was unreadable - the disk had to be reinstalled.

Is there a problem with vpix on a second hard drive, did I miss reading
the fine print in the manual - or is my text editor defective?

tony....

( uucp:       tony at ajfcal       ...uunet!keyword!calgary!ajfcal!tony   )
( internet:   tony%ajfcal at cpsc.ucalgary.ca                             )