Equinox question reply

Robert W. Withrow witr at rwwa.COM
Mon Feb 18 06:39:55 AEST 1991

In article <24307 at netcom.COM> gandrews at netcom.COM (Greg Andrews) writes:

>Protocol support for uucp (or kermit or x/ymodem) is available only
>in two modes: PEP and V.32/MNP.  "Direct V.32" does not have protocol support.

Everyone I talk to tells me something different on this (including
Telebit tech support!  Everyone agrees that spoofing is performed
in PEP mode, but no-one can agree on which other modes do spoofing.

>OTOH, the modem-to-DTE flow control can still have its little say.

Not when you have disabled *all* flow control (as I stated in my
post).  Depending on the modem (and I *dont* use Telebit modems),
there seems to be enough buffer space to support UUCP (with *all*
DTE-Modem flow control turned off) without lost packets, even when the
DTE-Modem data rate is greater than the Modem-Modem data rate.  This
is a purely empiracle estimate on my part thought...

--
---
 Robert Withrow, R.W. Withrow Associates, Swampscott MA 01907 USA