Equinox hardware flow control

Scott O'Connell scotto at ipars.UUCP
Sat Feb 16 12:32:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb14.134714.5407 at nstar.rn.com> larry at nstar.rn.com (Larry Snyder) writes:
>bill at astph.UUCP (Bill Dripps) writes:
>
>>We are evaluating Equinox's 24 port Megaport. It looks like a good
>>board. Unfortunately the key tech support person is on vacation this
>>week. Sigh.
>
>>Anybody know how to turn on hardware flow control using ISC UNIX? The
>>manual tells how for Xenix, but no hints for ISC. Did I miss it?

As I'm sure you're aware, the Equinox board does not support RTS/CTS flow
control without "stealing" the CD/DTR control signals from an adjacent
port.

I am running SCO Xenix 386 2.3.3 with the Megaport/24 and 2.0 drivers.  To
turn on hardware flow control with Xenix I use the following commands in
/etc/rc.d/5:

	megastty +fmc < /dev/ttyaa (rts/cts capability robbed from ttyab)
	megastty +fmc < /dev/ttyac (rts/cts capability robbed from ttyad)

Not knowing what version of the software you have this is all I can provide.

NOTE: I've had no problems with Equinox products after using them for
      more than 1 year.  Good stuff, IMHO.