Autologout of unused terminals

stephen Samuel steve at obed.uucp
Tue Nov 29 21:01:38 AEST 1988

In article <201.nlunix6 at orcenl.uucp>, bengsig at orcenl.uucp (Bjorn Engsig) writes:
> Is there any way to see if a terminal has not been used for some time,
>  ... We are looking for a system that is usable on all flavors and variants
> of unix, ....

I wrote a program that I call 'vulture'. It is written in C, and rips
apart the output from 'ps' to get the info it needs.
  The program takes parameters that include the TTY to be watched, how
long it can be idle for, and how often to check.
--
Stephen samuel !alberta!{obed,edm}!steve
Look on the bright side... It might have worked!