rpcgen

Stephen X. Nahm sxn%ingersoll at Sun.COM
Tue Nov 29 14:24:01 AEST 1988

In article <19328 at uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> rdk at manatee.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>Hi!
>
>I am doing a project for school involving RPCGEN, Sun's remote procedure
>call program compiler.  I am currently using version 3.5.  The latest
>version of the Documenation is Revision A of 9 May, 1988.

The May 1988 documentation is for SunOS 4.0.  The version of rpcgen in SunOS
4.0 is *much* different than that from SunOS 3.5.

Fortunately, you can get the source code for rpcgen and the RPC library from
SunOS 4.0 and use these.  These can be found in the RPCSRC distribution,
version 3.9 or 4.0.  You can get RPCSRC 3.9 now from the sun-spots archive.
Via anonymous FTP, connect to titan.rice.edu and cd to the sun-source
directory.  Among other things, you'll find 15 files that start with "rpcsrc".
Via email, send a message with the word "help" to archive-server at rice.edu and
follow the directions.

RPCSRC 3.9 was based on SunOS 4.0 Beta software.  RPCSRC 4.0 was based on SunOS
4.0 FCS (First Customer Ship) software (there are a few very minor bug fixes) .
The latter should be available at the sun-spots archive soon.

Steve Nahm                              sxn at sun.COM or sun!sxn