rpcgen

Rajeev Chandrasekhar rajeevc at mipos2.intel.com
Mon Nov 28 08:13:11 AEST 1988

In article <19328 at uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> rdk at manatee.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>Hi!
>
>I am doing a project for school involving RPCGEN, Sun's remote procedure
>call program compiler.  I am currently using version 3.5.  The latest
>version of the Documenation is Revision A of 9 May, 1988.  My problem
>is that Sun's documentation does not match the RPCGEN version that I have.
>
>Their are several problems : first, the docs I have refer to a function
>called clnt_create.  The function is supposed to set up or create
>the client handle to the server.  This function does not seem to exist
>when I compile the program.  When I substituted this function with
>clnttcp_create(), it compiled but then proceeded to crash.

That sounds very wierd ... assuming you have done the normal things
like include the rpc.h header file and theres nothing wrong with
clnt.h, i suspect it has something to do with the version.
I am running Sunos 4.0 and it has clnt_create.

I have the same release (may 1988) documentation , and thats about
the best documentation on the subject.

Rajeev

Rajeev Chandrasekhar
Intel Corp            >> theres someone in my head, and its not me <<
2625, Walsh Ave MS SC4-59                      (408) 765-4632
Santa Clara, CA 95051  {hplabs,oliveb}!intelca!mipos2!rajeevc