Worm/Passwords

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Sun Nov 27 04:26:12 AEST 1988

As quoted from <10 at herron.uucp> by jbrown at herron.uucp (Jordan Brown):
+---------------
| jbayer at ispi.UUCP writes:
| > It is possible to adopt a single system, if that system is random.  For
| > example, I have included below a random password generating program, ...
|
| Somebody go by this fellow's office and look at all the desk blotters and
| scraps of paper to find written-down passwords.  Then log in and mail him
| a note to go watch War Games.
+---------------

I've posted my random password generator (well, first draft of a UNIX/C
version) to comp.sources.misc.  It has the advantage that the passwords it
generates are pronounceable (usually!) by speakers of English; this makes
them easier for me to remember, and hopefully for others as well.  (My
memory for spelling is closely tied to my memory for pronunciation; if I
remember the pronunciation, I've got the spelling, but *not* vice-versa.)

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, comp.sources.misc moderator and one admin of ncoast PA UN*X
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery  <PREFERRED!>	    ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu
allberyb at skybridge.sdi.cwru.edu	      <ALSO>		   allbery at uunet.uu.net
comp.sources.misc is moving off ncoast -- please do NOT send submissions direct
      Send comp.sources.misc submissions to comp-sources-misc@<backbone>.