using System V 'cu'

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Wed Nov 30 02:09:02 AEST 1988

In article <4700 at mtgzz.att.com> avr at mtgzz.att.com (a.v.reed) writes:
>	~+ umodem -options < /dev/culine

>[...](No, I don't know why ~+ is still
>undocumented, even though it has been in cu for 6 years already. Or why
>it is not in SVID. So it is possible that your machine's cu doesn't have
>it. But probably it does.... )

Perhaps the reason is that it is not compiled into the official AT&T
release, at least not up to SysVr3.1 on the 3B2's.  It would be extremely
useful, though, as would the ability to execute a script like that
found in the Dialers file at an arbitrary time (i.e. after the connection
is made).  The code is obviously already there.  Is Larry Wall listening?
How about adding ioctl() to perl so we can use it instead?

Les Mikesell