Worm/Passwords

Nick Felisiak mcvax!spider.co.uk!nick at uunet.uu.net
Tue Nov 15 13:07:11 AEST 1988

John F. Haugh II <jfh at rpp386.dallas.tx.us> writes:
> My favorite - how much time do you spend explaining to your users not
> to tell their passwords to everyone else in the entire company?

> Our users routinely login as each other to avoid having to copy files
> back and forth between accounts.  Nice, eh?

Perhaps I'm just a simple developer not caught up in the wave of paranoia, but
I trust my associates, and really don't worry too much if they login as me, if
I've had an attack of paranoia and protected something they have a need to
access.

If it wern't for the fact that our machines are accessible to the outside
world on phone lines, I'd argue very strongly that we should avoid passwords
at all costs!

Come on now, most of us are on the same side, aren't we?

--
- Usual disclaimers.
nick at spider.co.uk
uunet!ukc!spider!nick