Secure setuid shell scripts

Martin Foord martin at mqcomp.oz
Thu Nov 10 10:44:57 AEST 1988

I have only started to read this section in the last few days but have read
much on the subject of set[ug]id shell scripts. Probably due to my
ignorance I haven't been able to pick up the main threads of the
problems that occur with them. Could somone elighten me as to the
security hole with set[ug]id scripts and `#!' and the problem with
symbolic links.
				Many Thanks in Advance,
						Martin Foord.

Martin Foord              ACSnet,Ean,CSnet: martin at mqcomp.mq.oz
Computing Discipline      Arpa:  martin%mqcomp.mq.oz at UUNET.UU.NET
Macquarie University 2109 Janet: martin%mqcomp.mq.oz at UK.AC.UKC
Australia                 UUCP:  {uunet,mcvax}!munnari!mqcomp.mq.oz!martin