help with ftp needed

Charles Shub cdash at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Wed Nov 9 10:29:46 AEST 1988

I want to copy a file from my system, a microvax running 4.3+NFS to
three separate HP-300 systems. The HP systems have a communication package
including ftp. ftp creates the files with permissions rw-rw-rw- and I want them
to have permissions rw-r--r--. How, short of logging in to each destination
system and doing a chmod, can I do that? The obvious solution would be to
change the default ftp permissions on the destination side. can any of you
wizards tell me how to do that (or what i should tell root to do). Please
mail solutions to me. Thanks...
--

charlie shub  cdash at boulder.Colorado.EDU  -or-  ..!{ncar|nbires}!boulder!cdash
  or even     cdash at colospgs (BITNET)