none.

Pat Barron pat at orac.UUCP
Mon Nov 28 12:05:02 AEST 1988

In article <4596 at ptsfa.PacBell.COM> dmt at ptsfa.PacBell.COM (Dave Turner) writes:
]In article <129 at orac.UUCP> pat at orac.UUCP (Pat Barron) writes:
]>Big mistake.  You've just probably destroyed all the user directories on
]>the machine, since ".*" matches "..", too.  Nice going.
]
]Maybe on some UNIX systems, but the man page for rm on System V states:
]
]	".... It is forbidden to remove the file .. merely to avoid
]	the antisocial consequences of inadvertently doing something like:
]

I, of course, must have been asleep when I posted my original article...  Dave
is quite correct.  I must have been thinking about a situation I had gotten
myself in when the ".." was not at the beginning of the filename (this was
also pointed out by someone else - sorry, I don't have the attribution handy).

--Pat.