using System V 'cu'

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Sat Nov 26 07:13:50 AEST 1988

As quoted from <4241 at encore.UUCP> by bzs at encore.com (Barry Shein):
+---------------
| In reply James Logan suggests
| >In article <6808 at venera.isi.edu> cracraft at venera.isi.edu (Stuart Cracraft) writes:
| >>How do you slow down cu's file transfer capability (e.g. the tilde-put
| >>command) ??
| >
| >There are two thing I can think of to try.  The first idea is to
| >give the yourself a nice value of 39.  Just type
| >
| >	nice -39 $SHELL
|
| (this increases priority, beyond the max which is silly and may
| actually do nothing, you also have to be super-user, but that's what
| you meant?)
+---------------

You DID see the subject line, didn't you?  It very clearly says "System V".
Csh -- BSD, *not* System V -- uses "+nn" to lower priority and "-nn" to
raise it.  Sh and ksh -- which are what are USUALLY found on System V
systems -- use "-nn" to lower priority and "--nn" (yes, that's TWO hyphens)
to raise it.

Sigh.

++Brandon
--
Brandon S. Allbery, comp.sources.misc moderator and one admin of ncoast PA UN*X
uunet!hal.cwru.edu!ncoast!allbery  <PREFERRED!>	    ncoast!allbery at hal.cwru.edu
allberyb at skybridge.sdi.cwru.edu	      <ALSO>		   allbery at uunet.uu.net
comp.sources.misc is moving off ncoast -- please do NOT send submissions direct
      Send comp.sources.misc submissions to comp-sources-misc@<backbone>.