Unify on the Pyramid 90x

John Pipkins x257 john at birtch.UUCP
Wed Oct 23 05:02:58 AEST 1985

I'm looking for references to any company that has ported (and supports)
the Unify DBMS on the Pyramid 90x.

The reason for this search?  We currently are running a version ported
by Uniq Digital.  There wasn't a choice at the time.  Since then we
have been less than happy with the level of support.  I conducted
an evaluation of Unify on about 8 or 10 supermicros and the Pyramid.
The slowest was the Uniq version on the Pyramid 90x.  Sick.

So far, we have be attempting for 3 months to get a support contract
in place.  No luck.  The kicker was today when I attempted to talk to
their local sales/support office (in Los Angeles), I got a message to
call a Chicago number.  They closed the office without a word to the
customers ( or at least me).

Uh, we can't change dbms (to much code developed) nor do we want to.
We like Unify and the fact that it runs on a number of systems we
like.

			Thanx in advance

					John Pipkins
					Systems Design Engineer
					...!trwrb!scgvaxd!felix!birtch!john
					real: Birtcher Investments
				              Santa Ana, Ca.

	Remember: Never eat anything bigger than your head.