AT&T SYSV Internals Course

Darryl DeFreese dld at ganehd.UUCP
Wed Oct 23 04:30:57 AEST 1985

A cohort and myself are thinking of trotting off to Princeton to attend
the Unix(tm) System V Internals course (UC-1012) offered by AT&T.  Since
we would be footing the bill ($1300 tuition + >$1000 transportation & lodging,
not to mention a week's wages) ourselves, we were wondering if anyone might
have experience with this class.  We would prefer actual war stories from
people who have direct knowledge of this class rather than opinions of its
philosophical worth.  Particular points of interest would be:

	* Did you get $1300 worth of knowledge?
	* 4.5 days seems pretty fast.  Do you retain very much?
	* Were the course materials that you came away with valuable?
	* What were the course instructors like?  Did they have real
	  knowledge of the kernal?  Were they able to clearly present
	  their ideas?
	* Knowing what you know now, would you have spent your own money
	  to attend this class?

Please respond by MAIL and I will be happy to summarize to the net, given
enough interest.

(tm) Unix is a trademark of AT&T Bell Laboratories
--

Darryl DeFreese - Journeyman Unix Wizard