students editing output

Ihnat ignatz at aicchi.UUCP
Mon Oct 21 13:15:16 AEST 1985

In article <2222 at brl-tgr.ARPA> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA (Doug Gwyn <gwyn>) writes:
>On student cheating:

	.
	.
	.
>only hurt themselves (unless the college stupidly grades on a
>relative rather than an absolute basis).  Surely no sensible
	.
	.
Uhh..hate to bring this up...but you ever hear of the phrase "curve"??
Yes, they really do grade on a relative basis.

Personally, I don't believe in curves; if you only know 80% of the material,
then you *don't* deserve an A, even if you're the highest grade in the
class.  If the whole class blows an exam, then either everyone is a dunce,
or--more likely--the instructor screwed up.  But that's not the way it
works.
--
	Dave Ihnat
	Analysts International Corporation