UNIX coresident with VMS

Erik E. Fair fair at ucbarpa.berkeley.edu
Thu Oct 10 17:55:10 AEST 1985

In article <5732 at tekecs.UUCP> glenm at tekecs.UUCP (Glen McCluskey) writes:

>Is it possible to have UNIX and VMS coresident on
>the same physical disks?  I don't mean running at
>the same time, just the ability to switch back and
>forth without changing disk packs.

It should be possible to do this, provided that you can make sure that
UNIX does not tamper with the VMS partitions of the disk, and that VMS
does not tamper with the UNIX partitions of the disk. I know this is
doable with UNIX. A VMS wizard will have to answer as to whether VMS
can do this.

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair	fair at ucbarpa.BERKELEY.EDU