UUCP for micros

Peter da Silva peter at graffiti.UUCP
Thu Oct 10 06:27:06 AEST 1985

> With all of the talk about UUCP for MSDOS systems going around, I just
> want to clear something up.  Many people, including myself, would like
> a much simpler implementation than the one currently for 256k MSDos
> systems.  We just want to be able to use our CP/M computers to call our
> nearest mainframe, identify ourselves as a "site" and get our mail or
> send a batch of mail to that site to be put on the net.  Any way to do
> this?  Most of us don't have the disk space for netnews anyway.

Is there any place, apart from the source code, that you can get a description
of the UUCP handshaking, transfer, and error checking protocols? I'd like to
be able to just use uucico for local file transfers so I could use the PC here
for personal archiving... 8" floppies are a pretty unreliable way to store
important data, since the next system is very unlikely to be able to use them.