Liability WRT Access to UNIX Source Code

Doug Gwyn <gwyn> gwyn at brl-tgr.ARPA
Mon Oct 21 14:12:05 AEST 1985

It is up to the university to honor the terms of its
license agreement, which means taking reasonable
precaution to protect AT&T's proprietary interest
in the UNIX source code.  This probably means that
they should require an agreement on the part of a
student before he is given access to the source code.
I don't see how a student could be held liable for
the terms of an agreement that he has never heard of.

I am of course not a lawyer, but so what.