unix in the real world

Henry Schaffer hes at ecsvax.UUCP
Mon Oct 7 10:50:57 AEST 1985

> My query is more about Digital.  Perhaps some of you knowledge guru's could
> tell me:

Not being a guru, but having attended DECWorld this a year ago--
(and always being willing to stick my neck out ...) so I'll try a few ...
> 	1. What is the operating system(s) most often used by DEC?
> 	2. Same question as above, but as it regards multi user systems.
On VAXen - VMS  (they said that ~10% ran UNIX -including ULTRIX)
> 	3. Do the other systems offer the inter/intra communications
> 	   capabilities of a Unix system?
VMS ver 4.? + DECnet, gives a pretty complete powerful set of
capabilities.
> 	4. Is there a movement by DEC towards one particular operating
> 	   system over another (i.e) VMS ?
DEC considers VMS to be their standard operating system for the VAX, and
...er, we also support unix.
> ----
> Pat Gallivan
> Galon Exploration, Inc.          Data:  (303) 771-0258
>                                  UUCP: ..!hao{!nbires!isis}!galon!fmg
--henry schaffer