Chaosnet software for SUNs.

Robert S. Maier rsm at ut-ngp.UTEXAS
Mon Oct 7 01:24:59 AEST 1985

    Here at the University of Texas we should like to install Chaosnet
software on our SUN-2 workstations, so they can communicate with our Lisp
machines via same.  A Chaosnet package for UNIX 4.2BSD machines is available
for public ftp'ing from mit-eddie.MIT.EDU, but it won't work on SUNs.
The SUNs' memory allocation scheme is individualistic, and doubtless there
would be byte ordering problems as well.

    Can anyone

(i)  tell me where Chaosnet software for SUNs may be found, or

(ii)  send me same or

(iii)  supply information as to how the standard 4.2BSD package, which was
       designed for VAXes, should be modified for SUNs?

				Robert S. Maier

		Internet:	rsm at carl.UTEXAS.EDU
		Usenet:		...{ihnp4, allegra}!ut-sally!carl!rsm
		USnail:		Dept. of Mathematics
				University of Texas
				Austin, TX  78712.