Binary Compatibility 80286

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Thu Oct 31 21:35:29 AEST 1985

In article <2943 at sun.uucp> marcum at sun.UUCP (Alan Marcum) writes:
>May I submit Larry Wall's 'rn' as a shining example of compatibility?
>The installation script and the architecture are fine pieces of work.
>(Note that nobody said it would be EASY -- just, perhaps, worth it.)

You may submit "rn" when the Microsoft large model C compiler works well
enough to compile it without spills, core dumps, or various forms of
cooky behavior.  On the AT, rn must be compiled with the small model,
and rn runs out of memory and abends once or twoce per session, even with
most of the newsgroups cut off upstream of here.

--
  Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX   ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf   CIS:70715,131
Omen Technology Inc     17505-V NW Sauvie Island Road Portland OR 97231