Binary Compatibility 80286

Alan Marcum marcum at sun.uucp
Tue Oct 29 06:23:12 AEST 1985

In article <602 at tekigm.UUCP> timothym at tekigm.UUCP (Timothy D Margeson) writes:
>FLAME ON
>
>Now about this Unix source compatibility issue....
>I have not seen anything that demonstrates any form of compatibility between
>any of the Unix' available.
>--
>Tim Margeson (206)253-5240
>tektronix!tekigm!timothym                   @@   'Who said that?'

May I submit Larry Wall's 'rn' as a shining example of compatibility?
The installation script and the architecture are fine pieces of work.
(Note that nobody said it would be EASY -- just, perhaps, worth it.)

--
Alan M. Marcum				Sun Microsystems, Technical Consulting
...!{dual,ihnp4}!sun!nescorna!marcum	Mountain View, California