[COFF] What languges would you like to learn?

Wesley Parish wobblygong at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 15:43:17 AEST 2019

I will admit the modern version reads a lot more cleanly than the
older versions. They finally got rid of the pretense that a C++ header
file was the same sort of thing as a C header file.

I tried to learn it back in the nineties with one of the Sams Teach
Yourself books and Borland's Turbo C++ compiler (before I switched to
Linux), but at the end I was still as mystified as before. It took
immersion into Java before I finally got the hang of object
orientation, and Java's still a lot smaller than C++.

A friend wants me to write some utilities for a C++ project he's got,
so I figure I may as well help him out. Otherwise I'd be just as happy
without C++. I'll try to keep the complexity down to the limit
suggested by the Unix philosophy - a piece of code that does only one
thing and does it well. :)

Wesley Parish