[COFF] DEC PDP-x Disks pre 1970

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Jul 4 05:58:38 AEST 2019

I'd start by downloading simh <https://github.com/simh/simh> and see what
storage any of the early DEC system support in the simulations.   That will
not be 100%, as systems like the PDP-9 did not originally support a disk,
so the one Ken Thompson used had been a PDP-7 disk spliced by DEC CSS on
the 9.   So the UNIX V0 work we had to move the code from one simulator to
the other (which was easy in SW - for the work we are doing at LCM on real
HW, we are just emulating with a modern disk).

Also, FWIW: might try the Classic Computers, Rescue mailing lists and maybe
the simh list too (although read the source first ;-).