[COFF] OT BitKeeper: Creating a remote SSH repo

Larry McVoy lm at mcvoy.com
Wed Apr 15 11:05:56 AEST 2020

> I'm really liking BitKeeper.  I'm so glad I decided to ask my original
> question to you guys (been hesitating for a few days).

I'm a kernel guy first, got sucked into source management because they
all sucked.  BitKeeper is the first distributed source management system,
Git and Hg copied the ideas from BK (poorly).  BK is what you get when
you put a systems guy on source management.  I built a solid team of A
level players and we went to town.

There is some cool systems shit in BK, be happy to talk about it if
it is not boring people.