[COFF] 52-pin D-Sub?

William Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 09:40:21 AEST 2020

Most of the RS232 spec seemed to be designed for Sync modems and their management.

Most machines of the mini generation seemed to use either Async or Sync interfaces.  Stuff like the VT180 had a comm port that was a 8251  USART for serial comm that could be either sync or async.  I don't believe Dec had anything like that in that PDP11 or early Vax days.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Bill

Sent from pechter at gmail.com